Monday, April 18, 2011

Master Chefs in Bangkok - Charis writes

It's almost coming to a year now since I moved to Bangkok (Sam moved here a few months before me) and I can't imagine how time flew. They say time moves faster when you're having fun and that is partly true, especially when you have parents as fun as I do!

My parents came in March and stayed with us for a week. My parents couldn't believe we've been cooking rice in a small microwaveable pot for 2 and so they got us a wonderful rice cooker that has baking, steaming and slow cooking functions. Never will anyone say my daughter can only cook rice for 2, they said. I have not tried all the functions yet, but the idea of baking in it is just awesome!

Needless to say, Sam and I were pretty spoilt with home-cooked  food as long as Mummy was around. But nothing beats the final showdown, where the dynamic duo prepared dinner for our final meal together. Dad created the largest "bonfire" ever seen in that kitchen, not unlike those fires you see from the uncle at the "Tai Chau" restaurant. Here are some stolen shots of the moment.

Mum doing her thing. See how fast she moves, it's a blur!
Master Chefs in action.
Proudly showing their achievement - a 6-course Chinese dinner!
Thanks Mum and Dad, we love you! 

2 comments:

  1. awesome!!! can't wait for my parents to come to Oslo in May and pamper us with home-cooked food! :D Haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always look back at the time when my parents were around for 2.5 mths before jacynth's due and after her birth... how pampered and spoilt was i.. miss those days!

    ReplyDelete